How to buy games on Oculus Quest 2? You may purchase virtual reality (VR) games by using either the Quest 2 shop or the mobile app. This guide will walk you through the process of purchasing new games for your Meta Quest 2 console.
How to buy games on Oculus Quest 2? How to Get Games for the Quest 2 Headset Using Virtual Reality
If you are already inside VR and you want to start playing a new game as soon as possible, the simplest method to do so is to purchase the game from the Quest 2 marketplace. How to buy games on Oculus Quest 2? You may enter the shop at any moment by clicking the Oculus button located on the right side of your Oculus touch controller and then choosing the symbol for the store located in the Toolbar.
If you have already entered a payment method for Oculus purchases using the mobile or desktop software, you will be able to buy games straight from the Quest 2 shop without having to exit VR. This is the case so long as you have already added a payment method.
Note that the Oculus desktop app also features a shop, but the titles that are shown there are only compatible with the Rift and Rift S. You are able to purchase games using that app and play them while your Quest 2 is attached to a VR-ready Computer; but, you will not be able to play them on a Quest 2 that is not tethered to a VR-ready PC unless it specifically states in the game specifications that it is cross-buy compatible.
How to buy games on Oculus Quest 2? Purchasing a game from the Quest 2 shop in virtual reality may be done as follows:
- You can access the Toolbar by bringing up the Oculus menu using the touch controller on your right hand, then choosing the Shop from the menu (the shopping bag).
- You may either scroll through the list of games, hunt for a particular game by typing its name into the search bar, or pick a filter on the right such as the genre.
- A helpful hint is that you may either choose the search area and put the name of a certain game into it, or you can scroll down to view a selection of bargains and games that are suggested.
- You may narrow down your search results by choosing a certain genre.
- Find the game you want to play and choose it.
- Choose the blue button labeled Price.
- Choose the Buy option.
- The game will be added to your library, and the money will be deducted from whatever payment method you have set as your default.
Instructions on How to Purchase Games on the Quest 2 Mobile App
The Quest 2 shop is helpful if you are already inside VR; but, the mobile app gives you the freedom to try out new games and make purchases whenever it is most convenient for you. How to buy games on Oculus Quest 2? If you are a parent and you have Oculus game sharing set up with your teenagers, using the smartphone app to purchase games for them is a fantastic method to avoid having to actually use VR yourself.
How to buy games on Oculus Quest 2? Make sure that the app reads “Oculus/Oculus 2” in the top right corner if you have additional headsets like a Rift or Rift S connected to it. This is required for compatibility with Oculus and Oculus 2. In the event that it does not, pick Oculus or Oculus 2 by tapping the name of the headset that is shown there. If you don’t, you can find yourself purchasing games for a different platform than you intended.
- Tap the Store option inside the Meta Quest app on your mobile device.
- Find the video game that you would want to purchase.
- You may search for a game by tapping the magnifying glass icon and typing in its name, or you can scroll down to browse the various categories.
- To choose the game you want, tap it.
- To see the pricing, tap the blue button.
- Choose the Buy button.
- The game will be added to your Quest 2 library, and the amount will be deducted from the payment method that you have set as your default.
Instructions on How to Purchase Games for the Meta (Oculus) Quest 2
The Quest 2 is equipped with a built-in shop that can be accessed in virtual reality (VR), allowing users to purchase games, download them, and immediately get into the action without having to remove their headset. How to buy games on Oculus Quest 2?
The mobile app also offers the same shop, which enables you to explore Quest 2 titles at your convenience even when you are not in VR, make purchases, and place games in a download queue. When you switch on your headset and connect it to the internet after purchasing a Quest 2 game from the mobile app store, the game will automatically begin downloading to your device.
Oculus Quest Cross Buy: What Exactly Is It?
How to buy games on Oculus Quest 2? Cross buy is a feature that enables users to purchase specific games just once and then play those games in both tethered and untethered modes after making their first purchase. You will normally only get access to the Quest 2 version of a game if you purchase it through the Quest 2 shop.
Similarly, if you purchase a game through the Oculus desktop app store, you will normally only get access to the desktop version of the game. This version of the game can be played with a Rift, Rift S, or tethered Quest 2, depending on which device you have.
If a game is labeled as cross-buy, it means that if you purchase it from the Quest 2 shop, you will also have access to the desktop version. How to buy games on Oculus Quest 2? Alternatively, if you purchase it via the desktop app, you will also have access to the Quest 2 version.
Although Meta maintains a list of cross-buy games, the most reliable way to ensure that a game will actually work on your Quest 2 is to purchase it through the Quest 2 store in VR or the mobile app while selecting Quest/Quest 2 as the active headset. This is the safest way to ensure that a game will actually work.
Some Frequently Asked Questions about How to buy games on Oculus Quest 2?
Does it come with any games when you buy the Meta Quest 2?
How to buy games on Oculus Quest 2? The Quest 2 does, in fact, come with a few games already loaded on it; however, these games are only tech demonstrations, so you should start downloading more games as soon as you can.
What kinds of cards are accepted for the purchase of games in Meta (Oculus) Quest 2?
To purchase games for Quest 2, you may make use of any major credit or debit card (Visa, Mastercard, etc.) or even your own personal PayPal account. At any moment, you are able to switch the payment method that you use for Meta Quest.
Can I play Steam VR games on my Oculus Quest 2 virtual reality headset?
Yes. You will need to connect a suitable USB connection between your computer and headset in order to play Steam VR games on the Meta Quest 2. After putting on the headset and selecting Proceed on the enable Meta (Oculus) Link pop-up that appeared on your computer, you should activate the Quest and then click Enable Oculus Link.
>> Read more:
- How to Cheat in the Gunblood Game
- NBA Jam Cheat Code on Xbox: Full for Gamers
- Half Life 2 Cheat Codes for Gamers
- Elden Ring Cheat Offine [code 100% working]
- The Most Complete Pokemon Type Chart
- Pokemon Girls Hunter 3
- Shindo Life Codes – RELL Coins and Free spins!
- Red Dead Redemption 2 cheats: cheat codes for red dead redemption 2
- How to Delete Games on Nintendo Switch
- What is Bloom in Games? What Should I Do, Activate it or Deactivate it?